ActionCOACH Bolton provides leaders of local businesses with support, education, strategies and skills to continue developing and growing. As the country battles coronavirus, businesses are finding themselves in new and challenging situations – with either sudden excess or minimal demand for goods and services, staffing issues through sickness and care responsibilities, all whilst working remotely…
We are providing FREE:
- 1-2-1 coaching sessions.
- Educational Webinars to build new skills and knowledge needed now.
- WhatsApp community for support and sharing between businesses.
- Daily Zoom Lunchtime Drop-In Calls for Business Owners
FREE 1-2-1 Coaching Session
It’s time to get some clarity for your business. The environment we’re operating in is changing daily – and so are the consequences for your business. Whilst demand for some goods and services shrinks, the need for others emerges. Here at ActionCOACH Bolton we are gifting all of our spare coaching slots for business owners to help you get some clearer thinking on the most pressing matters in your business.
To book your FREE coaching session email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01204 852705.
This is a genuine offer of support and help to our business community – no strings, no straps – simply help for you!
FREE WhatsApp Group – Survive & Thrive
Heading up a business can feel a lonely job at the best of times – you can’t share your woes, concerns or conundrums with your team or clients. At the moment, its more important than ever to surround yourself with some positive “can do” solution focused people.
So we’ve created an open WhatsApp group to provide all local business owners a place to ask questions, get advise, share ideas and strategies and help each other through this. Helen will be regularly posting and adding helpful resource links on a daily basis. To join this group email email@example.com or call 01204 852705. Alternatively if you are looking at this page on your phone just click: https://chat.whatsapp.com/HR4UCLXPjBs9lFwhPM4EKz
Daily Zoom Lunchtime Drop-In
Each day, Monday to Friday, from 12.30pm to 1.30pm, we are having a lunchtime drop-in on Zoom. Any business owner can join us to share their experiences, discuss what they are doing to move forwards, ask questions, share positivity and simply share with others which is really important at this time.
We have different experts joinin us each day to discuss and answer any questions including HR and Finance. If you would like to join us then just click on the link below at 12.30pm daily. Or just copy and save this link ready to join us ( https://zoom.us/j/464047221 )
Checklists and Guidance
When a crisis occurs, whether it’s a local or global crisis, it is important to have crisis management plans and tools in place. Brad Sugars and Doug Winnie have provided the following Pandemic Business Checklist and Crisis Communication Tip Sheet to help our ActionCOACH community in developing crisis response plans. Stay tuned to this section for more resources and information.
UK Government Guidance
Updated 26th March 2020
The UK Government has also produced a guidance document on support for small businesses during the COVID 19 pandemic. Click on the button below to read the full report but some of the measures include:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- a Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for small and medium sized businesses (SMEs)
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
The Government has also set out further guidance for employers and employees to provide advice on novel coronavirus COVID 19.
One question we have been asked more than any other is, can I go to work and do my job. Section 2 and 4 of this document the Government sets out clearly whether you can go to work or not.
H.R. Issues and Guidance
Updated 27th March 2020
Emma Morris from Embrace HR has prepared a checklist for employers on HR issues which can be found by clicking the link below. Emma can also provide additional support and various documents which you may require at this time, particularly around the questions you might have with the Job Retention Scheme and ‘furloughed’ workers. Emma can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further contact details and advice follow the link below. Emma has also taken the time to look at three key questions which business owners have asked and answered them on the link below plus she has added some further information about the furlough scheme.